Proof of Concessionary Status – Required Identification
- Over 65
- Bus Pass
- Student ID dated for current year
University/College letter head confirming your student status as full time
- Low Income
- Carers allowance benefit book
NHS exemption certificate
Job seekers allowance book
Council tax letter, benefit book
Housing benefit letter
Working tax credit letter
Disability living allowance book
Incapacity benefit letter (higher rate)
Employment support allowance letter
Income support confirmation
- Pension Credits
- Pension Credits letter/documentation confirming eligibility
Picture card Driving Licence
Cancellation & Refund Policy
The member has the right to cancel the membership agreement by sending or taking a written notice of cancellation to the reception. The member has 14 days starting with the day after he/she signs the contract. Shepton Mallet Leisure Centre in this instance, shall refund in full all monies received in connection with the membership to be cancelled. In no other circumstances will fees be refunded.
There is a 3 month minimum term for memberships paid monthly by direct debit. A full calendar months’ notice is required in writing thereafter.
Please complete the form below if you would like to suspend for a period of time or cancel your membership, please ensure you complete all the boxes before submitting the form to us. Membership suspension is subject to terms and conditions.
The hirer must give a minimum of twenty eight days’ notice to cancel any one off or short term booking (less than 10 consecutive weeks) and three months’ notice for any long term regular bookings (10 weeks or more). Charges will apply to any booking not cancelled within this period unless the facility can be re-let. Shepton Mallet Leisure Centre will waive any charges due where the booking can be re-let.
Court Hire and Sessions (Exercise Classes)
• Bookings made can be cancelled however a minimum of 2 hours’ notice is required. Bookings made online can be cancelled online.
• Failure to “attend” or cancel a booking without giving the required notice as stated above will result in the full casual rate for the activity being payable prior to making future bookings.
The deposit and final balance are non-refundable once payment is made.
Children’s Holiday Club
Refunds are not available unless Shepton Mallet Leisure Centre cancels the session. Credit notes will be offered where a minimum 48 hours’ notice is given.
Refunds will not be issued for missed sessions or where the participant decides they don’t want to attend any more.
Credits will only be issued, at the discretion of the Centre Manager, where the participant is unable to attend for more than 2 consecutive weeks due to illness or injury. This must be supported by a doctor’s note.
Arrangements for monitoring & evaluation
This policy will be reviewed as required by the Centre Manager.
Membership Suspension Policy
Shepton Mallet Leisure Centre accepts that there may be occasions where a member may need to suspend their membership due to injury or other personal reasons and as such allows them to do so at no extra cost (conditions apply).
Membership Suspension Terms and Conditions
• Suspensions are only available on our Gold and Silver memberships
• We require a full calendar months’ notice in advance of the suspension period
• Memberships can only be suspended for full calendar months (i.e 1st – 31st) and must have a start and end date
• Suspensions can only be submitted using our online membership suspension form. We will not accept requests by any other means
• Suspension period cannot exceed 12 months
• Only one suspension period is permitted per membership per annum without charge. A £10 administration fee will be charged per suspension for any subsequent requests
• Members will need to notify us via our enquiries email (firstname.lastname@example.org) quoting their full name and membership number if they wish to either
– reinstate their membership prior to the advised return date. A payment may be required to cover the period of usage between return date and the next direct debit collection
– extend the suspension period. A full calendar months’ notice is required
Membership Cancellation & Suspension Form
Please note that there is a minimum term of 3 months for all our monthly memberships. Cancellation requests inside this time period will not be accepted. Please also be advised that under Shepton Mallet Leisure Centre terms and conditions, a full calendar months’ notice is required for all cancellations. Cancellations can be made using the form below: